Sunday 8 August 2010

The Bear Adventures begin




Hi There,
My name is Olly and I have been sitting unloved in a dark drawer for the past two years in the town of Torquay. After all this time I have decided to break loose and travel the world. At the same time I hope to raise some money to help the people in The Gambia in the fields of education and health via the charity “Harmony Gambia”. My first three trips are now organised, in September I will be flying my way to visit our American cousins and early in January 2011 I will go all the way to The Gambia to make contact with the people and see for myself what their needs are. I can bearly wait. As soon as I get back I am off with my friend Dawn to cycle 400 kilometres between Cambodia and Vietnam. As I am an English bear I am not quite sure how far 400 Kilometres is but I have been told that it is further than Torquay to Paignton and I am already in training on my trusty (rusty) bike for this epic adventure. My passport is all in order (see picture above).
All of my costs are already covered so if you could sponsor me ALL the money will be going to the good cause. Please help me in this effort. You may even be going somewhere exotic yourself and need some company. I eat the bare minimum, am fully house trained, do not nag and I am prepared to go anywhere for the cause. (Calling Richard Branson:- “Any room on a space flight, I am a Virgin!” )
If you require any details of the work the charity is already doing look on their website at www.harmonygambia.org.uk or Telephone my manager Peter Oliver on 01803 316448 for full details.
Many thanks for reading this bearly literate missive,


Olly Bear




No comments:

Post a Comment